Tema: Posible solucion al BLACK SMEAR por software.

• Morgalad

21 Jul 2014 17:29

Morgalad » 6 AGO 2014  10:58

Posible solucion!!!!

Se basa en usar el control de color del driver:

The nvidia control panel allows to adjust brightness, contrast etc. for the rift display. I noticed that when I had the contrast bar somewhere in the middle and the brightness also adjusted to ensure black level in the sky of "My Neighbor Totoro" dk2 demo that looking around caused a black smearing looking at the sky between the tree leaves.

Now if I set the contrast to zero for the Rift display and play with the brightness to get the correct black level of the sky in comparison with the trees and lamplights etc. then there is ZERO black smear effect when head tracking the black sky between the trees. There does not seem to be any difference in black level of the sky when setting the contrast to zero because adjusting the brightness slider to about 35 or 37 makes the other lighting relative to the black sky correct.

So if using an nvidia card and you have trouble with black smear try using the control panel to set contrast to zero (for the rift display!) and then play with brightness slider (at 35 or 37 for me) will get the Rift display at proper lighting. Give it a try if you have an nvidia or if not, try lowering your CONTRAST to the lowest setting you can live with and then play with brightness to get proper lighting, the "My Neighbor Totoro" demo is perfect for witnessing and eliminating the black smear effect.

• Juanlo

Moderador

11 May 2013 12:53

Juanlo » 6 AGO 2014  11:13

Seguro que la solución que Oculus está desarrollando se basa en algo parecido.

Usuarios navegando por este foro:

qwer master4041 13 Anónimo