Tema: HARDLIGHT SUIT

• MaximVR

17 Jun 2014 19:51

Visores

Oculus Go
    MaximVR » 27 ENE 2017  19:09
    www.hardlightvr.com/faqs/

WHAT IS THE HARDLIGHT SUIT?
    The Hardlight suit is a haptic feedback jacket designed for virtual reality. It allows a user to interact physically with the virtual world around them.

WHAT IS HAPTIC FEEDBACK?
    Haptic feedback is the sense of touch. Haptic feedback for virtual reality allows you to feel when you’ve been hit, shot, knocked, touched, brushed up against, …you get the idea. It adds the sense of touch to the virtual world.

HOW MUCH DOES THE SUIT WEIGH?
    The Hardlight suit weighs about 3.5 pounds – similar to a light jacket. The weight is distributed across your body, so when you’re wearing the suit, you won’t even notice it.

WHAT KIND OF HAPTIC FEEDBACK DOES THE SUIT USE?
    The Hardlight suit provides vibro-tactile feedback using technology similar to the vibrate function of most cell phones. The team explored many different methods for delivering feedback, and vibratory feedback was discovered to be the most cost-effective

HOW IS HARDLIGHT DIFFERENT FROM A RUMBLE PACK?
    Unlike a rumble backpack, the Hardlight suit has 16 individually-activated/-tracked haptic zones, which allow you to interact with virtual reality in 3D space.

WHERE CAN I BUY A HARDLIGHT SUIT?
    Hardlight suits are not available for purchase yet. We’ll be launching a crowdfunding campaign in mid-February, so sign up for our mailing list and we’ll keep you updated! If you’re a VR developer and you’d like to add haptics to your game, reach out to us at: contact@nullspacevr.com
  • polybasss

3 Jun 2014 21:18

Visores

Meta Quest 3
    polybasss » 27 ENE 2017  21:15

Muy guapo, si le dan compatibilidad para el Onward y lo ponen a buen precio, cosa que será rara, a por el de cabeza.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (Wraith Stealth) 4.2Ghz, 16gb ram, NVIDIA 3070Ti FE

• MaximVR

17 Jun 2014 19:51

Visores

Oculus Go
    MaximVR » 28 ENE 2017  9:26

Han evolucionado bastante desde los primeros prototipos del 2015, ahora ya no incorporan guantes y solo se centran en el torso. A ver si en futuras iteraciones añaden de nuevo sensores para la parte de cintura hacía abajo inclusive los pies.

La idea no está mal en si misma. Solo que pienso que antes que hacer el hardware habría que tener el software para el que se va a utilizar. Una aplicación concreta. Hacer un hard con la esperanza de que se le puedan aplicar usos generalistas me parece arriesgado.

Esto me hace pensar de nuevo en un estandar de RV que tenga en cuenta que en un futuro podamos tener inputs y retroalimentación en un traje háptico, quiero decir, los de Khronos Group van a tener que considerar todo esto cuando elaboren su estandar, no?

Usuarios navegando por este foro: