Tema: Primeros análisis oficiales del M2

Página 11 de 14

• albertopina1

17 Nov 2013 19:40

Visores

Meta Quest 3
    albertopina1 » 12 NOV 2018  14:45

Es que es frikazo y de los gordos, se ha gastado la pasta de Facebook en camisetas de SAO y figuricas hentai!

Su pérgola en Murcia y Alicante al mejor precio en www.pergomur.com

• Lynxai

22 Sep 2017 10:41

Visores

Pimax 5K
    Lynxai » 12 NOV 2018  15:13

Pena me da la persona que vaya a limpiar esas estanterías abiertas llenas de muñequitos, esas Rem del fondo están de mírame y no me toques. Esto lo ve mi mujer y ya tarda en ponerle unas puertas acristaladas.

A ver si comparte pronto su opinión también, que supongo que tiene más peso que muchas otras.

"What do we paint here?"

• toni

28 Feb 2015 18:48

Visores

Oculus Rift Development Kit 2
    Gear VR
    Cardboard
    HTC Vive
    Pimax 5K
    Lenovo Explorer
    Samsung Odyssey
    Oculus Go
    HTC Vive Pro
    Oculus Quest
    Valve Index
    Oculus Link
    HP Reverb G2
    Oculus Quest 2
    toni » 17 NOV 2018  18:34
    Otro youtuber normal  que a resabido las pimax , este chico es Suizo  van por los doscientos
    bueno ,pimax va lenta ... pero insegura XDD

"Por supuesto que hay vida inteligente en el Universo. La prueba es que no vienen aquí".
    Sigmund Freud.    

• dinodini

14 May 2013 21:30

Visores

PlayStation VR
    Oculus Quest 2
    PlayStation VR2
    dinodini » 6 DIC 2018  8:17

¿No hay aun reviews en español? ,¿De las que estan en ingles que conclusion se saca? Ese aumento del FOV y resolucion es un salto muy grande con lo que tenemos ahora.

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE

• ElTeraflopPerdido

21 May 2016 16:21

Visores

Gear VR
    HTC Vive
    Oculus Go
    HTC Vive Pro
    Valve Index
    ElTeraflopPerdido » 6 DIC 2018  8:53

Si, hay una review muy ilustrativa en español, unas 8k rotas encima de la mesa de Oscar wink

ZX Spectrum 48K
    VALVE INDEX y ordenador con las piezas adecuadas para moverlas.

• Cdaked

Moderador

18 Ene 2014 12:42

Visores

Cardboard
    Pimax 8K
    Pimax 8K X
    Oculus Go
    Oculus Quest
    Valve Index
    Oculus Link
    Oculus Quest 2
    Meta Quest 3
    Cdaked » 6 DIC 2018  10:16
    JBLlinSi, hay una review muy ilustrativa en español, unas 8k rotas encima de la mesa de Oscar  wink
    Unas 5K+ que lo mismo son 5K. Yo ya me he quedado con las 8K. Y el FOV es brutal.

Equipo: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X; Gigabyte Aorus 3080 Ti Master; DDR4 32GB 4GHz C16.

• Lynxai

Visores

Pimax 5K
    Lynxai » 7 DIC 2018  18:30

Aprovecho que reflotáis para poner un par de impresiones de más gente que está recibiendo:

RetrospectVR
    π5k+ Dec 4
    2h
    Finally got my Pimax 5K and spent a couple of hours with it. Here are some quick initial impressions -

Setup - A bit messy. My Vive is in a room on the other side of the house with extension cables. I bought a 10m DP extension but it was no good. I need to re-think my setup. I tried to set it up with just gyros (disable lighthouse in PiTools) but nothing was launching and Steam was throwing 300 errors at me. I brought a single lighthouse into my office and did the setup with that and then it was all finally happy.

Fov - Wow. This is amazing. I agree with what others have said in that the large FOV is mostly pointless. Normal is fantastic and covers most of my FOV anyway. There are certainly distortions around the far edges and every game i’ve tried with it so far (The Lab, Pavlov, Compound and Skyrim) has some slight graphical pop-in at the peripheries as things start to load that you wouldn’t usually see on a typical headset. None of this distracts from the experience once you’re in the game though, at least not for me.

Colours - I didn’t even notice anything different from my Vive and I’ve only just thought about it now. In black loading screens in Skyrim there was a grey glow around the edges which I assume is the LED backlights seeping through. I’m not sure how this would be in a game that’s always dark but it was fine for what I play.

Screen door - It’s still there but I was fine with the Vive screen door and this is considerably less.

Performance - Obviously there’s some messing around and tweaking to do here. I had steam on auto and Pitools on 1.25 for a while. The last thing I tried was Skyrim and the Lab on PiTools 1.5 and they looked fantastic but Skyrim was struggling a bit. I need to sit and have a play with all this stuff though.

Comfort - It’s surprisingly light and I don’t mind the strap. Your eyes are a lot closer to the lenses than I expected and there’s some light that seeps through the nose gap. I might try and stick a nose guard from my Vive there. Overall this will be fine though until the ridgid head strap arrives.

Overall I’m very happy. I just need to work out how I can play with space now as I’ll need a 10m DP extension cable that will work with it.

"What do we paint here?"

• Lynxai

Visores

Pimax 5K
    Lynxai » 7 DIC 2018  18:30

Mr_Teatime
    π8k
    16h
    First impressions and to add context I come from over two years of Rift ownership with many hundreds of hours in Elite Dangerous, so I will only compare the two and not some mythical perfection that does not and cannot exist due to engineering compromises. Also excuse the lack of polish, flow and typos etc.

Opening the box my first reaction was the packaging is nice. Maybe not as “bespoke” as the Oculus Rift, but has the same kind of rubberised feel as the Rift’s just not the same levl of moulded interiors, but its well padded and nicely assembled…a solid 8/10

Headstrap assembly - basic, but functional. You will need a pair of tweezers or long nails to pull the strap through the hole for the centre (overhead) strap end. The rest of the assembly was a breeze and there are two Velcro straps for tension relief on the single cable.

Once assembled my first impression of comfort - is that its nicer than the Rift once adjusted, with a slightly smaller gap than the Rift around my nose, which for me is fine as I like being able to see bits of my cockpit setup through that gap. The foam interface is nicer to the touch and firmer than the Rift, which is good. I’m not sure I’ll need to get a VR Cover set for this headset.

Cabling is of good quality with a splitter that goes to 1 USB and 1 DP1.4 plug and takes a power input. The associated power brick came with a UK plug, which is always nice (unlike the HTC Vive lighthouse) and again better than most cheap wall-warts.

First niggle I came across and a thing to watch out for - make sure the cable where it attaches to the to the headset is pushed home in its socket properly (mine was not and others have reported this also). The PiTools software will not detect the headset until this is done.

Once that was out of the way, I then encountered problem number 2. I had no Pimax Logo on screen and the headset was showing as not being tracked. I recently bought a Vive Lighthouse/Base Station to use with the 8K for 6DoF, as without that you are limited to 3DoF (pitch, roll and yaw of your head), so it was a bit of a punt to see if I could get just one Lighthouse to do the tracking and it would appear that you can provided you have two when you run the setup routine for these. What I wasn’t expecting was a blank screen until I stumbled across the “Enable Lighthouse Tracking” checkbox, unchecked it and suddenly the 8K’s screens came to life with the Pimax logo. I’ve now ordered a second Lighthouse, as once I got into Elite Dangerous, 3DoF after using the Rift’s 6DoF was very weird feeling.

PiTool itself is an OK piece of software, its well featured and probably a bit too well featured, as when you encounter issues like the tracking above, its a bit hit and miss, which option you should be trying in order to get things working. I think there will be a need for a wiki or faq somewhere to cover common failure states and if possible meaningful “in app” reporting of conditions and what to try to resolve things.

Next up was trying to get Elite Dangerous up and running:

When I first fired up PiTool it had Elite Dangerous in the Oculus Apps list within PiMax’s software, which was nice. However I could not get Elite Dangerous to display when launched via the shortcut (which opens the Ed Launcher and Oculus Home). I could also not externally launch ED, as it fired up the Oculus home each time. Considering the Rift will now be going on Mrs Teatime’s rig I decided just to uninstall Oculus Home and all its “stuff” and remove a variable from my quest.

Once I had native ED restored, that then launched OK, but refused to detect an HMD and go into the VR Hanger. I then tried Importing ED into PiTool, but that also refused to detect the headset. I may revisit this option at some point, as I’m sure I was missing something.

This left me with the SteamVR option, so much as I don’t like running Steam these days, I launched that and got SteamVR running. This then gave me some new challenges as there are settings in PiTool and SteamVR that overlap in functionality and some like room setup I’m pretty sure are calling the same routines, which is fine but you are now messing with two sets of options some of which have overlaps. Anyway now I have the SteamVR home environment loaded and visible, so I’m getting somewhere and now Elite Dangerous is loading up and the primary monitor screen/window is showing the correct VR Hanger in game, but still no display. So I mess with the SteamVR resolution and also try Direct Mode in the SteamVR settings screen and suddenly I have the familiar Elite Dangerous VR Hanger with its Eagle and SRV in front of me…hooray.

I then spent a completely unrelated 20 minutes remembering how to setup up Voicemeeter Banana, so I can get sound coming out of my headphones/mixer/speaker setup and then I feel ready for a flight to see how it performs and what the differences are.

First up is the distortion in the peripheral vision in the wide 170 degrees viewing mode. When I first got into VR this was quite pronounced, but diminished a lot to the point where I couldn’t see it, as I started to adjust the HMD’s straps and get the thing comfortable and seated properly on my head. I can see how some people would find this distracting during a demo where spending 30 minutes playing with the straps would be impractical. I can also see why some were not seeing it or very slightly. Once you have the headset position dialled in the distortion and chromatic aberration almost completely disappears and I feel in Elite its probably easier to ignore anyway as the very edge of your vision doesn’t have a huge amount going through it.

That brings me to the Field of View - there is no way I am going back to the Oculus Rift, as the field of view increase whilst not totally covering your vision is markedly improved and you start to notice stuff in your periphery that I could couldn’t see in the Rift’s limited field of view. This is very useful when docking and passing objects as you get to see them moving alongside without having to turn your head and taking your main view away from your direction of travel. Several times I caught myself glimpsing objects that would just not have been visible in the Rift and kept having “what was that?” moments just to realise it was a star for example in my periphery. Docking is also improved and I’m expecting surface/nap of “earth” flying to be be greatly enhanced, even though I didn’t venture down to a planet’s surface. I have also yet to try combat, but that will be my next trial.

Other positives are that the sweet spot in the lenses is huge and a lot more forgiving of HMD position on my head with text being nice and sharp. In fact everything is nice and sharp compared to the Rift, with very little to no noticeable SDE and the infernal god rays from the Rift are all but gone in the 8K. SDE is there but you have to make a conscious effort to bring it into focus and more easily just forgotten about. I still have some tweaking to do with graphics as there is a tendency towards jaggies in places and also the 3DoF I had didn’t not help with this, due to the whole environment moving slightly when I made lateral or forward/backward movements, which the 8K couldn’t do anything with (the lighthouses once I get a second one will cure this I’m sure).

That’s all the positives from my short time in Elite Dangerous, but its not all rosey. First up is the default strapping. Its not bad as such, but does tend to be a bit binary in terms of its either gripping your head, but a bit tight or not tight and not gripping. I’m sure I’ll dial this in with more time, but the deluxe head strap can’t come soon enough in my humble opinion.

Second is that failure states are not well documented e.g. I was trying to get Elite Dangerous running at one point and selected the Parallel Projection option in PiTool. This resulted in a purple light next to the power button and I have no idea what that means, but luckily reversing the option turns it back to green. I also have no idea what the two triangular buttons next to the power button do. Better documentation even if online is needed.

One thing I think PiTool would benefit from is a set of profiles or settings options for different games (similar to GeForce settings) even though Pimax have done a great job in integrating with both the Oculus and SteamVR ecosystems, its not quite there and just seems to be a bit hit and miss with little to indicate what’s needed to get things working.

I’m not going to comment on performance in any detail, as I don’t chase frame rate counters and this has been a great marketing tool for the hardware vendors in recent years, which I don’t agree with for the majority of use cases. However, I would say I didn’t feel like I was flying in treacle and everything felt smooth. There is more tweaking to be done here I feel to minimise jaggies and get to a balance point between graphical fidelity and smoothness of experience.

TL:DR is that I am happy I backed the kickstarter and feel that the headset is the best on the market for consumer prices. Even though it is not perfect I think it shows just how poor the first gen headsets really are, although I don’t for a minute regret buying the Rift two years ago. The software and especially the user experience side of things needs some work, as does the documentation and I hope this gets iterated on, as Pimax move out of production ramp up into steady state production.

"What do we paint here?"

• Lynxai

Visores

Pimax 5K
    Lynxai » 7 DIC 2018  18:31

Cmorg
    π8k
    5d
    Figured I would post a short review about the 8k and iracing as I know that there is going to be a lot of sim racers egar to know about how the headset functions with iracing

I couldn’t be more impressed. I did have issues with the initial setting up process with pitool and a few other little details but the members of this forum board as well as previous topics posted on here provided enough information to solve those problems and get going.
    Once I had the headset up and running it didn’t take to long to tweak some of the graphics settings to get a very quality image and stable fps in iracing. The field of view is a game changer, so for those of you wondering if this headset is that big of a step up from a rift or a vive and can personally tell you it 100% is. The image is better but not mind blowing better, but if it’s just one step up in the image department it’s 10 steps up in the field of view department.
    There are a few things that you have to change with what we have been programmed to do with a rift or vive as far as a few settings in the iracing rendererdx11 file but that’s a topic for a different day.
    The only knock I have so far is tracking issues with the vive base station. I was primarily a rift user so I’m not to familiar with them and never was able to figure out a way to get the headset to track proplerly and when I did get it paired in pitool and steamvr the tracking wasn’t the best and created some issues in game so I turned off light house tracking in pitool and just ran iracing With the the headset tracking. It’s not perfect because it does limit you forward and backward head movements but I’m sure I will be able to eventually sort the issue out in the coming days.

In summary I will tell all of you either still egarly awaiting your Pimax headset or those of you on the fence about getting one when it comes to iracing I say go all in.

"What do we paint here?"

• Henky

19 Ago 2014 15:56

Henky » 12 DIC 2018  0:28

Hola.
    Por si os sirve de algo, yo recibi mi Pimax 8K el lunes 10 de diciembre, backer 373. Por desgracia no os puedo dar mas detalles de las gafas, puesto que entre semana mi tiempo libre es escaso.

• cercata

5 Dic 2016 09:41

Visores

PlayStation VR
    Oculus Go
    Oculus Quest
    HP Reverb
    Oculus Link
    Oculus Quest 2
    Meta Quest 3
    cercata » 12 DIC 2018  8:46

Me alegro de que los backers esten contentos !!!!!

I’m not going to comment on performance in any detail, as I don’t chase frame rate counters and this has been a great marketing tool for the hardware vendors in recent years, which I don’t agree with for the majority of use cases. However, I would say I didn’t feel like I was flying in treacle and everything felt smooth. There is more tweaking to be done here I feel to minimise jaggies and get to a balance point between graphical fidelity and smoothness of experience.
    Menudo crack, este es de los mios !!!!!
  • Lynxai

Visores

Pimax 5K
    Lynxai » 12 DIC 2018  9:59

Qué mamón, con perdón. Yo soy el 326 y aún están en envío, no creo que me llegue ya esta semana. Supongo que ya la que viene para aprovecharlo en las vacaciones de navidad :)

"What do we paint here?"

• _C__

6 Ene 2016 19:18

Visores

HTC Vive
    Pimax 5K
    Pimax 8K X
    Samsung Odyssey
    HP Reverb
    Valve Index
    HP Reverb G2
    Pico 4
    Meta Quest 3
    _C__ » 12 DIC 2018  12:30
    Hola.
    Por si os sirve de algo, yo recibi mi Pimax 8K el lunes 10 de diciembre, backer 373. Por desgracia no os puedo dar mas detalles de las gafas, puesto que entre semana mi tiempo libre es escaso.

Gracias, así sabemos por dónde van los tiros. Ya contarás que tal.

Yo que soy el 7xxx, a este ritmo...

• albertopina1

17 Nov 2013 19:40

Visores

Meta Quest 3
    albertopina1 » 12 DIC 2018  14:16

"esperamos repartir todos los Pimax antes de terminar el año"... Mis cajones...

Su pérgola en Murcia y Alicante al mejor precio en www.pergomur.com

• cercata

5 Dic 2016 09:41

Visores

PlayStation VR
    Oculus Go
    Oculus Quest
    HP Reverb
    Oculus Link
    Oculus Quest 2
    Meta Quest 3
    cercata » 12 DIC 2018  14:21

En China no empieza el año el 5 de Febrero este año ? lol lol

• Fragglerock

15 Oct 2017 23:31

Visores

Oculus Rift
    Oculus Quest
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus Link
    HP Reverb G2
    Oculus Quest 2
    Air Link
    Pico 4
    Meta Quest 3
    Fragglerock » 12 DIC 2018  14:25
    "esperamos repartir todos los Pimax antes de terminar el año"... Mis cajones...

No dijeron de qué año...

• Faycan87

2 Jul 2014 17:36

Visores

Gear VR
    HTC Vive
    Oculus Rift
    PlayStation VR
    Pimax 5K
    Valve Index
    Faycan87 » 12 DIC 2018  16:50
    JBLlinSi, hay una review muy ilustrativa en español, unas 8k rotas encima de la mesa de Oscar  wink

Unas 5K+ que lo mismo son 5K.
    Yo ya me he quedado con las 8K. Y el FOV es brutal.
    Hola, ya las tienes en casa? Es que estoy dudando entre las 5k+ u 8k. Esperando al correo de que las envían..
  • Faycan87

2 Jul 2014 17:36

Visores

Gear VR
    HTC Vive
    Oculus Rift
    PlayStation VR
    Pimax 5K
    Valve Index
    Faycan87 » 12 DIC 2018  16:52
    Hola.
    Cuando puedas, te agradecería unas primeras impresiones, soy de los que está dudando entre 5k u 8k y no se que hacer!! Gracias
  • Cdaked

Moderador

18 Ene 2014 12:42

Visores

Cardboard
    Pimax 8K
    Pimax 8K X
    Oculus Go
    Oculus Quest
    Valve Index
    Oculus Link
    Oculus Quest 2
    Meta Quest 3
    Cdaked » 12 DIC 2018  17:46

No, soy el cinco mil cuatrocientos y pico.

Equipo: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X; Gigabyte Aorus 3080 Ti Master; DDR4 32GB 4GHz C16.

Página 11 de 14

Usuarios navegando por este foro:

1 Anónimo