Tema: Kiss Me First, nueva serie británica ambientada en la realidad virtual de Channel 4 y Netflix

• MaximVR

17 Jun 2014 19:51

Visores

Oculus Go
    MaximVR » 28 MAR 2018  10:35

Visto en UploadVR

Se trata de una miniserie de 6 episodios de 1 hora con una temática entre Ready Player One y Sword World Online. Basada en una novela juvenil del 2012

Kiss Me First is a new British TV drama coming to Channel 4 and Netflix. It stars Tallulah Haddon as Leila, a young girl with an addiction to videogames that gets wrapped up in the online world of Argora, a metaverse that, judging on the trailer below, isn’t too dissimilar to the Oasis platform seen in Ready Player One. Leila uses a VR headset to jump into this new world, paired with something called an Azanaband that mimics impulse such as elation, letting you feel virtual emotions as well as sensations. It even simulates pain.

Just like Ready Player One, the series is comprised of live action footage in the real world then, when in VR, it switches to CG to simulate living in a game world. Judging by the trailer, it looks like the world’s obsession with the game will create problems both in and out of its virtual landscape. There’s even a car chase scene that looks very similar to the one shown in trailers for this week’s blockbuster. Given the format, though, we’re hoping Kiss Me First is able to dig a bit deeper behind the ramifications of a successful metaverse than Spielberg’s shiny summer flick.

The show will air on Channel 4 on April 2nd in the UK, though there’s no word on when it will come to Netflix just yet.

Más info en Express.co.uk

Netflix and Channel 4 have teamed up to bring audiences technological thriller Kiss Me First, which explores the paranoia surrounding computer games and virtual reality.

Kiss Me First will be airing on Channel 4 on Monday, April 2 at 10pm and will be available on Netflix to those outside of the UK.

The series will consist of six hour-long episodes and has been adapted from Lottie Moggach’s best-selling 2012 novel of the same name.

Along with live action scenes, Kiss Me First will also feature animation to represent the virtual world that the characters play and interact in.

Kiss Me First was in development for a couple of years before it finally made it to the small screen and has been produced by the programme makers behind Skins.

What will happen in Kiss Me First?
    A plot synopsis for the upcoming programme reads: “Kiss Me First moves between the real and virtual animated worlds.

“When Leila (played Tallulah Haddon) stumbles across Red Pill, a secret paradise, hidden on the edges of her favourite game, she meets Tess (Simona Brown).

“Tess is everything that Leila is not: hedonistic, impulsive and insatiable. So when Tess turns up in Leila's real life uninvited, Leila's world is forever changed.

“But then a member of the group mysteriously disappears and Leila begins to suspect that maybe the hidden sanctuary isn't the digital Eden its creator Adrian claims it to be. Now, Leila's real journey begins.”

• Von_Carraghan

11 Abr 2018 07:55

Von_Carraghan » 16 ABR 2018  22:24

No la conocía, gracias por el aviso. Me la apunto para ver en cuanto salga en Netflix.