Tema: Resumen experiencias HTC Vive

• jjdelalamo

5 Jun 2013 13:48

jjdelalamo » 28 JUL 2015  8:03

Un resumen de gente que ha probado el HTC Vive, sobre todo en el autobús itinerante que circula por USA y que pasará por Europa (Alemania y Francia) en los próximos meses.

Básicamente todo el que lo ha probado (repito TODO el mundo) dice que es una experiencia impresionante, destacando la presencia prácticamente constante, sobre todo debido a la posibilidad de moverte y de interactuar con el entorno gracias al sistema Lighthouse.
    También se repite bastante el problema de lidiar con el cable, a ver si sale una solución sencilla para esto.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3erqpz/our_london_vive_vr_game_jam_game_derp_video_and/
    RedofPaw
    Working with the Vive itself is a pretty pleasant experience. Being Dev hardware there are some oddities to overcome, and some small glitchiness in the hardware, but it's a joy to be able to move around a space, and even our game, which doesn't require a massive space still benefits from the roon-scale possibilities of the Vive.
    But it's the motion controllers that provide the most interesting additions to VR - being able to directly interact with objects in a world is a revelation, and the objects you pick up have the right feel and heft and you throw them around.

Ree81
    "The lighthouse system, controllers and head tracking just make the overall package a much more memorable experience."

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3eo6rk/my_own_review_of_the_htc_vive_and_a_call_out_to/
    The_Oasis
    Now that I've experienced Lighthouse, and how great it is, I need to say that I cannot wait for room-scale tracking.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3ekmhe/htc_vive_impressions_from_chicago/
    Chriscic
    To join the chorus... yes it's awesome, absolutely mind-blowing. This is what VR needs to be.
    Room-scale is where it's at, at least for me. I got uncomfortable with DK2 pretty easily. No hint of discomfort here during the 20 min demo.

Asane
    For VR developers like myself, after trying the Vive, this is seriously AMAZING hardware.I'm a veteran of VR with the DK2 and I can confidently say my mind has been blown once again by this medium. I cannot wait for release!

neuronat
    I'm not a VR aficionado so when my boyfriend asked me if I would get up at 6:30am on a Saturday and wait in line for 3 hours for the Vive demo, I had to evaluate my dedication to our relationship. Good thing I love the guy, bcs I agreed to do it and IT FRIGGIN BLEW MY MIND.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3edmk4/htc_vive_jam_vancouver_escape_the_whale/
    bakanoodle
    My initial reaction was that the Vive headset fit nicely and there was no 'screen door' while looking at the screen. The controllers were comfortable and felt natural and had pretty much 1:1 motion even when moving my hands really fast.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3eb7dy/htc_vive_jam_london_impressions_penguins_vr_from/
    SockJam
    It was clear that the massive advantage they had was the ability to walk around. Even from demos where walking around made no gameplay difference, the experience of walking up to a giant majestic whale and poking it in the eye was something otherworldly.
    The most interesting takeaway I had from the whole weekend, was how much the immersion of the Vive adds to your connection with the characters in the game

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3e8qcl/htc_vive_impressions_chicago/
    hagg87
    The experience surpassed what I expected even with all of the hype that I had built up personally. :)
    I develop for both DK2 and GearVR and this made me excited once again for the future. This was mostly due to the room scale tracking and being able to interact with virtual objects, and the content. I felt presence most of the time,
    Overall that didn't matter though because the tracking volume and input added something I did not expect to be this important.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3e86a8/trying_the_vive_from_a_blank_slate/
    strykerx
    I knew I was going to like it, but I was hesitant if I was going to LOVE it. And the good news is, I LOVED IT, even despite a slightly "shaky" demo.
    It was a real shift from two different realities. Despite the glitches, I felt presence the whole time while in the demos.
    Had a somewhat glitchy demo, but did not care in the least. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. The hype is real.
  • miguelangelnet

16 Jul 2014 19:15

miguelangelnet » 28 JUL 2015  8:16
    Un resumen de gente que ha probado el HTC Vive, sobre todo en el autobús itinerante que circula por USA y que pasará por Europa (Alemania y Francia) en los próximos meses.

Básicamente todo el que lo ha probado (repito TODO el mundo) dice que es una experiencia impresionante, destacando la presencia prácticamente constante, sobre todo debido a la posibilidad de moverte y de interactuar con el entorno gracias al sistema Lighthouse.
    También se repite bastante el problema de lidiar con el cable, a ver si sale una solución sencilla para esto.

Ree81
    "The lighthouse system, controllers and head tracking just make the overall package a much more memorable experience."

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3eo6rk/my_own_review_of_the_htc_vive_and_a_call_out_to/
    The_Oasis
    Now that I've experienced Lighthouse, and how great it is, I need to say that I cannot wait for room-scale tracking.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3ekmhe/htc_vive_impressions_from_chicago/
    Chriscic
    To join the chorus... yes it's awesome, absolutely mind-blowing. This is what VR needs to be.
    Room-scale is where it's at, at least for me. I got uncomfortable with DK2 pretty easily. No hint of discomfort here during the 20 min demo.

Asane
    For VR developers like myself, after trying the Vive, this is seriously AMAZING hardware.I'm a veteran of VR with the DK2 and I can confidently say my mind has been blown once again by this medium. I cannot wait for release!

neuronat
    I'm not a VR aficionado so when my boyfriend asked me if I would get up at 6:30am on a Saturday and wait in line for 3 hours for the Vive demo, I had to evaluate my dedication to our relationship. Good thing I love the guy, bcs I agreed to do it and IT FRIGGIN BLEW MY MIND.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3edmk4/htc_vive_jam_vancouver_escape_the_whale/
    bakanoodle
    My initial reaction was that the Vive headset fit nicely and there was no 'screen door' while looking at the screen. The controllers were comfortable and felt natural and had pretty much 1:1 motion even when moving my hands really fast.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3eb7dy/htc_vive_jam_london_impressions_penguins_vr_from/
    SockJam
    It was clear that the massive advantage they had was the ability to walk around. Even from demos where walking around made no gameplay difference, the experience of walking up to a giant majestic whale and poking it in the eye was something otherworldly.
    The most interesting takeaway I had from the whole weekend, was how much the immersion of the Vive adds to your connection with the characters in the game

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3e8qcl/htc_vive_impressions_chicago/
    hagg87
    The experience surpassed what I expected even with all of the hype that I had built up personally. :)
    I develop for both DK2 and GearVR and this made me excited once again for the future. This was mostly due to the room scale tracking and being able to interact with virtual objects, and the content. I felt presence most of the time,
    Overall that didn't matter though because the tracking volume and input added something I did not expect to be this important.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3e86a8/trying_the_vive_from_a_blank_slate/
    strykerx
    I knew I was going to like it, but I was hesitant if I was going to LOVE it. And the good news is, I LOVED IT, even despite a slightly "shaky" demo.
    It was a real shift from two different realities. Despite the glitches, I felt presence the whole time while in the demos.
    Had a somewhat glitchy demo, but did not care in the least. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. The hype is real.

Muchas gracias, que currada de hilo te has dado

• Neoskynet

13 Ago 2014 16:39

Visores

HP Reverb
    Neoskynet » 28 JUL 2015  19:13

Aquí hay uno que ha probado el Vive y dice que está un poco desilusionado de la calidad de pantalla:
    np.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/3enytc/how_legible_is_text/

"I was honestly a little bit disappointed by the resolution of the display. There was definitely some visible "screen-dooring" going on, and while text was definitely legible if you got close enough, ..."

Cuando os lo compréis por aquí sabremos la verdad. Espero que el salto de calidad de pantalla del DK2 al Vive/CV1 valga la pena.

Saludos.

* Nuestro cerebro es un sistema de simulación que virtualiza todo lo que capta del exterior.

• jjdelalamo

5 Jun 2013 13:48

jjdelalamo » 28 JUL 2015  19:40

Sí, alguno dice que en escenas muy luminosas, como la sala completamente blanca del principio, se llega a notar algo del screendoor, pero que luego con escenas normales es muy difícil verlo.
    Me imagino que hasta que no lleguemos a las 4k eso seguirá ocurriendo. Yo tengo la "suerte" de que me planté en el DK1 y no quiero probar nada hasta el Vive/CV1, para que la impresión sea mayor.

• miguelangelnet

miguelangelnet » 29 JUL 2015  8:07
    Aquí hay uno que ha probado el Vive y dice que está un poco desilusionado de la calidad de pantalla:
    np.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/3enytc/how_legible_is_text/

"I was honestly a little bit disappointed by the resolution of the display. There was definitely some visible "screen-dooring" going on, and while text was definitely legible if you got close enough, ..."

Cuando os lo compréis por aquí sabremos la verdad. Espero que el salto de calidad de pantalla del DK2 al Vive/CV1 valga la pena.

Saludos.

Estos al final son las que mas se aproximan a la realidad. Que ganas de probarlo :)

• miguelangelnet

miguelangelnet » 29 JUL 2015  8:09
    Sí, alguno dice que en escenas muy luminosas, como la sala completamente blanca del principio, se llega a notar algo del screendoor, pero que luego con escenas normales es muy difícil verlo.
    Me imagino que hasta que no lleguemos a las 4k eso seguirá ocurriendo. Yo tengo la "suerte" de que me planté en el DK1 y no quiero probar nada hasta el Vive/CV1, para que la impresión sea mayor.

4k al final estara justo si aumentan igualmente el FOV, pero al menos ganaremos FOV o resolucion

• Neoskynet

13 Ago 2014 16:39

Visores

HP Reverb
    Neoskynet » 29 JUL 2015  14:04

Ya sé que no es lo mismo, pero hace varias semanas me compré una TV 4K con panel VA, que además de TV utilizo sobretodo como monitor de PC y estoy totalmente alucinado de lo bien que se ve.

A simple vista los colores son lisos completamente y por mucho que te acerques no se aprecian los píxeles ni rejilla de ningún tipo.

En algún momento u otro tendremos 4K y tal y como dices, si queremos más FOV vamos a necesitar 8K o más.

Saludos.

* Nuestro cerebro es un sistema de simulación que virtualiza todo lo que capta del exterior.

• miguelangelnet

miguelangelnet » 29 JUL 2015  18:26
    Ya sé que no es lo mismo, pero hace varias semanas me compré una TV 4K con panel VA, que además de TV utilizo sobretodo como monitor de PC y estoy totalmente alucinado de lo bien que se ve.

A simple vista los colores son lisos completamente y por mucho que te acerques no se aprecian los píxeles ni rejilla de ningún tipo.

En algún momento u otro tendremos 4K y no tal y como dices, si queremos más FOV vamos a necesitar 8K o más.

Saludos.

Ahí estará la key, aumentaran el FOV si pueden mantener la actual resolución poniendo unos paneles mas grande y llegando a 4k?, o mantendrán las dimensiones de los paneles y pondrán 4k para aumentar la resolución?, yo no lo veo tan claro, ójala fueran a por 8K y FOV completo, pero eso queda para un par de generaciones al menos :)

Usuarios navegando por este foro:

1 Anónimo